Single & Parenting’s parent ministry is Church Initiative. Church Initiative is a nondenominational, nonprofit ministry serving more than 16,000 churches worldwide. From its headquarters in Wake Forest, North Carolina, the ministry creates and publishes video-based curriculums to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises. Church Initiative programs include GriefShare, DivorceCare and DC4K (DivorceCare for Kids).
Church Initiative is committed to producing small group resources that are:
- Biblically based
- Designed for ministry conducted through the local church
Our mission is to create biblical, Christ-centered resources that mobilize lay people to help hurting people within the context of the local church.
Here’s the twofold strategy we use to carry out our mission:
- Development of Christ-centered, biblical, video-based curriculums
- Provision of free, ongoing, consulting support to churches and ministry leaders
- To see churches help divorced and grieving people and single parents heal and find hope.
- To see churches engage in effective outreach and grow numerically.
- To see nonbelievers realize that apart from a relationship with Christ, they will never experience true healing.
- To see nonbelievers place their faith in Christ for the forgiveness of sin as a result of hearing the gospel in a church context.
- To see Christ-followers realize they have access to God’s resources and experience complete healing from the pain of divorce and grief.
- To see people realize that God often uses tragedy and suffering to help us grow.
- To provide churches with resources that equip lay leaders to pursue their ministry passion and utilize their God-given ministry gifts with excellence.
Read more about Church Initiative