Being Part of a Single & Parenting Group
Angela Thomas, co-host of Single & Parenting explains how you'll benefit from joining a group.
Having never been to a group like this before, you may not know what to expect. Here’s what you’ll find:
“It Starts with Me”
Why you have to help yourself before you can help your kids.
What It’s Like
Find out how it feels to be part of a Single & Parenting group.
Sample the workbook
Read a sample from chapter 1 of the Single & Parenting workbook.
Download (PDF, 700 KB)
- Your nervous feelings won’t last long. Those feelings tend to go away quickly for most people, usually during the first session they attend. The people in the group want to become better single parents. They are looking for solutions and help, just like you.
- These people get it. Your fellow group members will understand the tears of frustration when you drop into bed at night, the constant battle to get your kids to do homework and the fear for your teenager whose choices are leading him down a no-good road.
- Practical and proven strategies that you can apply to your own specific situations. The videos shown during each session demonstrate what these strategies look like—everything from how to discipline your child who’s defiant to how to keep your cool when an ex-spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend is criticizing you.
- You get the chance to talk about your experiences. When you tell others about your son who’s gone from A’s to F’s on his report card, your daughter who’s hurting so much and your ex who is telling lies about you, you’ll likely discover you’re not the only one facing these types of situations. You don’t have to talk or share, but most people find that doing so is very helpful!
- Your group will start to feel like “family.” Your Single & Parenting group may begin to feel like a “family” as you make new friends with people you can relate to. Single & Parenting is designed to be a safe, encouraging environment.
- Hope for the future. Do you worry about your kids’ futures? Do you deeply desire that they turn out okay? What about your own future? Single & Parenting teaches you how to parent successfully and with hope-filled assurance for the future.